[Answer ID: 14334]
Configuring a TeraStation for Active Directory Domain
Created 06/14/2012 05:48 | Updated 06/15/2012 08:28
Configuring a TeraStation NAS for Active Directory:
- In "IP Address Properties" under "Network", the DNS server address needs to be set to the Domain Controller's address.
- The clock on the Buffalo needs to be set to the same timezone as the Domain Controller and the times need to be with in 1 minute of each other.
- The "Workgroup/Domain" page under "Network" needs to be set to the following settings - If ever a field is too short to enter the full information (particularly the Domain Name and the Domain Controller fields) they need to be filled in as much as possible.
Workgroup and Domain Properties:
- Network Type: "Active Directory"
- Active Directory Domain Name (NetBIOS Name): NETBIOS Legacy Domain name, ex. "DOMAIN"
- Active Directory Domain Name (DNS/Realm Name): Full Domain name, ex. "domain.com"
- Active Directory Domain controller Name: Domain Controller NETBIOS name, ex. "server"
- AD Administrator Name & AD Administrator Password. This information will not be stored.
- WINS Server IP Address: IP address of the WINS server.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.