[Answer ID: 5657]
I can not access TeraStation via the internet (buffalonas.com).
Created 02/02/2011 02:09 | Updated 10/04/2013 03:04
There are 3 possible causes why you can’t access the TeraStation via the internet.
- There are more than 2 devices with router functions between the modem and the TeraStation, so the TeraStation may be unable to configure UPnP with the router nearest the modem.
Try one of these solutions.
- Solution-A: Connect the TeraStation to the router nearest the modem.
- Solution-B: Disable router function on routers other than the router nearest the modem.
- Solution-C: Set port forwarding on all routers which work as the router to transfer the port for Web access feature.
- Default gateway and DNS server IP address on TeraStation are not correct.
Confirm that Default gateway and DNS server IP address on the TeraStation are correct.
Default gateway and DNS server IP address are normally the IP address of the device which has the router function in that network.
However, these values depend on your network settings.
- Navigate [Network] – [Settings] – [IP Address Settings] on Web admin interface of the TeraStation.
- Set default gateway and DNS server IP address.
- Private address may be allocated by ISP.
In this case, the web access feature cannot be used.
If the IP address is allocated by your ISP like the following examples, it is a private IP address.
10.0.0.0～10.255.255.255 255.0.0.0 172.16.0.0～172.31.255.255 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0～192.168.255.255 255.255.255.0
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.